weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #28650] Don't show notification in notify.py plugin w

From: Didier Roche
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #28650] Don't show notification in notify.py plugin when current buffer is notified
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:00:29 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 0.3.0
                IRC nick: didrocks

Details:

I think that we shouldn't notify with python-notify when the current buffer
is the one receiving the notification.

My attached patch fix that and can be applied to "notify" script.

However, I can't get the current private buffer receiving the current message
from the API to achieve the same in nofify_show_priv signal.
Would be nice because being spam with notification when you are talking with
someone privately is not great. (only the first one, when somebody begins to
speak to you, until you really get to the corresponding buffer is needed in my
opinion). Any idea on that?

File Attachments:

Date: Sun 17 Jan 2010 06:00:28 PM GMT  Name:
don_t_show_on_current_buffer.diff  Size: 688B   By: didrocks

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=19506>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28650>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/