wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Use NEWS date instead of build date (!450)

From: Bernhard M. Wiedemann
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Use NEWS date instead of build date (!450)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 14:54:04 +0000

Bernhard M_ Wiedemann commented:

It seems, the problem was that I lacked CA certificates in the build
environment but it did not print the error message to say so because of a `-q`
flag. Had to use sh -x and run it manually.

```
wget -O- https://translationproject.org/latest/wget2/
--2019-10-04 14:49:56--  https://translationproject.org/latest/wget2/
Resolving translationproject.org (translationproject.org)...
2a01:7c8:c037:6::20, 80.69.83.146
Connecting to translationproject.org
(translationproject.org)|2a01:7c8:c037:6::20|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify translationproject.org's certificate, issued by 'CN=Let\'s
Encrypt Authority X3,O=Let\'s Encrypt,C=US':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to translationproject.org insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
```

Anyway, I was finally able to verify that it now builds reproducibly for
openSUSE.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/merge_requests/450#note_226179055