www-es-general

[GNU-traductores] New member of the GNU Spanish Translation Team

From: Jorge Fernández Pendás
Subject: [GNU-traductores] New member of the GNU Spanish Translation Team
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 17:33:40 +0200

Dear sir or madam,
I'm Jorge Fernández Pendás, a Spanish Physics undergraduate and free software
enthusiast. Since I started using GNU/Linux five years ago I developed a big
interest in programming and computers. However, what most attracted me from
GNU/Linux was the philosophy of the GNU movement and the sense of community in
the free software. Since then, I've become aware of the importance of your work
and today I have finally decided to take part in the process by creating an
account on Savannah. My user account is 'jorgefpendas'.
I would like to contribute with programming in the future, but by now I think
I can make bigger contribution on translation. I think the resources about
free software in Spanish are not many or very good and the ones that are
popular, they are most of the times more interested in pragmatism than in
philosophy, misusing the term Free Software as it was Open Source. That's why
I want to become a member of the Spanish translation team.
My English skills are pretty good. I have the Cambridge First Certificate Exam
and also a 103 level in TOEFL exam, and I think I am pretty good writing in my
own language. That's why I would rather be a translator than a tester.
Thanks for your attention. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Your sincerely,
Jorge