wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Problems building wxruby

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Problems building wxruby
Date: 19 May 2003 20:26:24 -0700

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 19:37, Kevin Smith wrote:
> >From what I can tell, this means avoiding StringValuePtr,

Ok. I'm replying to myself. I found some code on the web that solved the
problem. I created a new header wx.h, and inserted some #defines to
create the missing methods for Ruby 1.6. Then I had to insert #include
"wx.h" at the top of most of the .cpp modules. Probably every module
should include wx.h _instead of_ wx/wx.h and ruby.h, and wx would
automatically include the other two.

I also had to comment out WxNotebookSizer. I think I have wxWindows
2.4.0.8, and perhaps it was added in a later version?

And there were several warnings in image.cpp that should be fixed, at
some point.

So I can build wx.so now!

But when I try to require it from Ruby, I get an error:
test.rb:1:in 'require': ./wx.so: undefined symbol:
_12wxEvtHandler.sm_eventTable - ./wx.so (LoadError)

This may have to do with WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_EVENT_TYPES, so I'll
research it further...

Kevin