wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] Naming questions

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] Naming questions
Date: 25 May 2003 13:40:40 -0700

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 09:13, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> I abosultely agree here -- it should be named wxruby.so.

Done and checked into Savannah.

> > 6. I notice that method names are upper case, which matches the
> > wxWindows standard but does not match the Ruby standard. As long as Ruby
> > won't get confused, I'm ok keeping them as upper case. I know Ruby does
> > treat variables differently depending on the case of the first letter,
> > so I'm slightly concerned.
>
> I would go with Ruby standard names.

So, when we wrap the original wxApp::SetAppName which of these do you
think it should be?

SetAppName
setAppName
set_app_name

Personally, I prefer setAppName, which is consistent with our inversion
of the first letter of all the class names, from wxApp to WxApp.

But what should we do with current methods like EVT_ACTIVATE?

EVT_ACTIVATE
evt_activate
evt_ACTIVATE (ugh)
eVT_ACTIVATE (UGH)

For constants, we currently wrap wxOk as WxOk, and wxEVT_CHAR_HOOK as
WxEVT_CHAR_HOOK.

Kevin