xbindkeys-devel

[Xbindkeys-devel] xbindkey issue when using 'setxkbmap' or 'xkbcomp', se

From: Nico Dhinsa
Subject: [Xbindkeys-devel] xbindkey issue when using 'setxkbmap' or 'xkbcomp', seems to ignore commands.
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:22:22 +0100

I have a number-pad only USB keyboard I'm remapping to unused keysyms.

The script I'm using is here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/25377097/

If I use xbindkeys to attach to `KP_End` then it works on BOTH keyboards when everything is default.

If I remap the keys (even if I remap back to 'KP_End') then xbindkeys doesn't trigger for the number-pad only keyboard BUT still triggers for the main keyboards KP_End key.

This seems to imply that once I remap the keys with 'setxkbmap' or 'xkbcomp' then xbindkeys doesn't see anything.

(Note: xev still shows the right keysyms before and after remapping)
(Note: xbindkeys -s does show the commands and xbindkey -k does show the keypress, it's only when running it breaks)

--

Has anyone seen anything similar? Is this a known issue?

Regards,
    Nico