xboard-devel

[XBoard-devel] new XBoard/Winboard release 4.8.0

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] new XBoard/Winboard release 4.8.0
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 19:42:43 -0800

Hello

we have a new XBoard release ;) 4.8.0 just landed on the ftp-servers at
gnu.org.

See http://www.gnu.org/software/xboard/whats_new/4.8.0/ for a list of
new features and changes.

Some highlights are that GTK support has been improved and we removed
the experimental flag and that we now also have initial build support
for an OS X app (using gtk, building the app requires several packages
to be installed).

You can get the source code for XBoard/Winboard at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/xboard/

Windows binaries are available at:

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewforum.php?f=19

We also have a new OS X (gtk-based) app that can be found at:

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53274

Thanks for all the bug-reports we got, if you find some new bugs, please
report them in the bug tracker at
https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/xboard/ or by email to bug-xboard(AT)
gnu.org.

Arun