Re: [XForms] New pre-release: xforms-1.0.92.pre10

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] New pre-release: xforms-1.0.92.pre10
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 23:17:30 +0200

Hi Rob,

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 02:39:21PM -0600, Carpenter, Rob wrote:
> Has anybody thought of adding a lot more colors to the "colormap" popup on
> FDesign?

No, nobody ut you;-) Here's a bit of background what I think
can be changed without breaking too many things:

The colormap popup uses the goodie invoked by fl_show_colormap().
And the colors shown in the goodie are the predefined colors at
the start of the internal color list. The first 256 entries in
the list are reserved for predefined colors but currently only
32 are used. So the remaining 224 slots in the list could be
used for further colors without (hopefully) breaking anything.

The rest of the entries (with indices of up to 1023, but I guess
one could nowadays raise that and thus also allow more room for
predefined colors) in the internal list are open for user-defined
colors and such colors can't be dealt with by fdesign at the moment.

If you have a list of colors (up to 224) that you would like to
have added I would need a list in the form

name r g b

where 'name' is a unique name for the color (like FL_DARKVIOLET,
see forms.h for a list of those already defined, and they should
probably follow the X conventions) and 'r', 'g' and 'b' the
red, green and blue values for the color (as integers between
0 and 255). I then could add them in the appropriate places.

                               Best regards, Jens