Re: [XForms] Some requests

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Some requests
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:05:19 +0100

Hi LukenShiro,

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 03:51:42PM +0100, LukenShiro wrote:
> Alas AFAIK if I access to a FL_OBJECT struct member, I've necessarily to
> transpose FL_OBJECT struct to a FL_OBJECT class (inherited from
> ctypes.Structure class), to deal with it.
>
> > Of course, to be able to do that a number
> > of new accessor methods for object attributes may have to be
> > added, like 'fl_object_is_visible()' or 'fl_object_is_activated()',
> > but writing them isn't a big deal (I hope).
>
> Maybe some C getter functions (as you said) would be greatly helpful
> for individual struct members that are supposed to be
> evaluated/considered (but I didn't mean to burden too much upon your
> work ...).

They are extremely simple, so not much work is invoked (it
takes more time to add them to the documentation then wri-
ting the function code itself;-) I just added the two getter
functions metioned above

int fl_object_is_visible(FL_OBJECT *obj);
int fl_object_is_active(FL_OBJECT *obj);

and further can be added as needed. I personally find it
somewhat cleaner anyway to have getter and setter functions
instead of accessing the innards of an FL_OBJECT structure
- something I feel should be done in low-level code only.

                                Regards, Jens