Re: [XForms] Fonts used by Xforms on recent Fedora

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Fonts used by Xforms on recent Fedora
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 21:29:15 +0200

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 01:38:10PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 05/06/2010 01:24 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >On 05/04/2010 10:35 AM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> >>Anyone know which *specific* font packages I need on a Fedora system to
> >>get XForms-based
> >>applications to render correctly-sized text?
> >>
> >>On a "default" F11 and F12 installation, the text sizes are
> >>wrong--spilling outside of their containing
> >>objects, etc.
> >
> >I'll take a look, but I'll make you deal.
> >
> >you file a bug @ http://bugzilla.redhat.com/ against fedora/xforms
> >documenting the problem, and I promise to release an update that fixes
> >it. :)
>
> For me, the specific piece that helped most was:
>
> yum install xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-75dpi
>
> (I used geomview application as a test-case).
>
> So, adding this as a dependency to xforms may be the best way to go
> at this point.
>
> (I suppose it's wishful to think xforms might gain support for
> fontconfig any time soon?)

I have to admit that I have no idea what it's exactly about, so
I would have to do a bit of learning first;-) Since I am a bit
short on time at the moment I can't make promises, but if it's
a good way to get around font problems I definitely will take
a closer look at it as soon as possible. Can you tell me if it
is available on all UNIX systems? I wouldn't like to introduce
a dependency that's hard to satisfy (or needs a lot of work to
install properly) for non-Linux users...

                              Best regards, Jens