Re: [XForms] axes coords in XYPlot

From: Michal Szymanski
Subject: Re: [XForms] axes coords in XYPlot
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:37:41 +0200

> Would you're requirements be satisfied with
>
> void fl_get_xyplot_plotrange( FL_OBJECT * obj,
>                                                 FL_COORD  * llx,
>                               FL_COORD  * lly,
>                               FL_COORD  * urx,
>                               FL_COORD  * ury );
>
> where llx and lly are the coordinates of the lower left
> hand and urx and ury those of the upper right hand corner
> (in pixels relative to the object)? The values are, just
> as you proposed, from the xi, yi, xf and yf members of
> the FLI_XYPLOT_SPEC structure.

Seems fine. If we, however, can afford adding two routines, I would vote for
  void fl_get_xyplot_screen_plotrange
  void fl_get_xyplot_world_plotrange
the first being exactly what you have suggested, and the latter returning
world coords (which, AFAIU, are kept as xmin,xmax,ymin,ymax members of the
structure - this may require checking).

Surely one can convert between the two but it would be easier to get them
directly. Furthermore, I actually need "world" coordinates (e.g. to plot an
overlayed full-width or full-height lines on the data) and do not
immediately see any need for the screen coords of the plot corners.

> If you are prepared to use the git repository you can
> download the new version with this function (and a few
> other bug fixes) immediately (modulo docs for the new
> function), otherwise you will have to wait until I get
> around to upload a new "pre-release" version (hopefully
> within the next few days).

Well, I can try. I have found the links and instructions on the XForms
Savannah page. BTW, the News there end on 1.0.93sp1, almost a year ago! :-(

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw dot edu dot pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND