Re: [XForms] Xforms & threads-functions & others, Sergey Klimkin <addres

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Xforms & threads-functions & others, Sergey Klimkin <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:26:37 +0200

Hi Sergey,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 09:54:46AM -0700, Sergey Klimkin wrote:
> No, no! Probably the problem in my English. On my computer, everything is in
> order. Installed only 1 copy of xforms, which works fine.
> I booted from a flash card (Linux on SD-card), where there is no xforms and
>showed that informs the terminal if you run my program.
> The same will be seen and my friends who want to test my program. After all,
> they have no xforms.

Ok, now I understand.

> So I asked: What are the minimum requirements to run programs written in
> xfotms when trying to run this program on the outsider computer?

Well, you either install the library on the other computer or
you need to link statically (in which case the library becomes
part of the executable) and then you have to give your friend
the executable (which, of course, requires, that he's using a
computer that is similar emough, i.e. same processor type etc.).

If you want to link statically the simplest way I found on
my machine was to change the line

$(CC) survey_main.o survey.o survey_cb.o -o $(OUTPUT) -lforms -lpthread

in your Makefile to

$(CC) survey_main.o survey.o survey_cb.o -o $(OUTPUT) -lpthread -lm -lX11 -Xpm
/usr/local/lib/libforms.a

That, of course, expects that on your friends machine everything
otherwise necessary is installed. If you want to see all libraries
your program is linked against use

ldd survey

which should give you a list of all those libraries.

                             Regards, Jens