[XForms] application positioning

From: alessandro basili
Subject: [XForms] application positioning
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 02:19:49 +0100

Dear all,

I am trying to open my application in a given position on my Desktop and
I am aware of the fl_winposition. Unfortunately I am too lazy to modify
my application (indeed all of them...) to accept an additional command
line option to get the position - indeed is not only laziness, the
command-line interface is standardized and it does accept only specific
options.

Does anyone out there know how to locate the application somewhere in
the desktop without the need to use fl_winposition? I was thinking about
some environment variable or maybe just some other way to pass the
option to the window manager.

Thanks for any idea/comment.
Cheers,

Al