Re: [XForms] Canvas / button interaction

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Canvas / button interaction
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:44:12 +0100

Hi Clive,

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 02:03:48PM +0000, Clive Stubbings wrote:
> I had a bad feeling that you wouldn't be able to reproduce it. But
> at least I know the code is sane and you haven't seen anything
> similar..
>
> What I need to do is to pull the latest xforms source and build
> against that. Then I can put some debug in the code to see if I can
> throw any more light on whats happening.

That would be nice!

> I don't think its limited to just checkbuttons though. Other objects
> seemed to be not quite right - eg some of the up/down shading wasn't
> always correct and I had a button with an @> that didn't always fill
> the arrow. The checkbutton was just the best (easiest to explain)
> example I could make.

Wouldn't be unexpected if that would also happen with other
objects:-( But I still have no god iead at all what could be
the reasons...

> I'll flip the canvas creation to happen later and see if that
> changes anything, then pull the latest code and post an update.

I don't actulally expect it to make any difference, but if you
can do that it would at least show that the order of drawing
isn't involved - one thing that could play a role is "stacking"
of objects and that for some reasons their sizes aren't ca;cu-
lated correctly. It's rather unlikely but while we're still
groping in the dark any tiny bit of information can be helpful.

                        Best regards, Jens