Re: [XForms] Is there some way of putting a semi transparent box on an x

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Is there some way of putting a semi transparent box on an xyplot?
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 19:06:42 +0200

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 09:23:42AM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
> Sorry, I mispoke. In the Overlay positioner the xor does behave as expected.
> (a red position on black gives red, and on white gives cyan.
>
> What I really referred to was that when I did "fl_drawmode(GXxor)" of blue
> over black, I got black, not blue.
> (I did
> fl_drawmode(GXxor);
> fl_plotxy_overlay(ui->Plotxy,x,y,n,FL_BLUE);
> fl_drawmode(GXcopy);
> where x,y were the same as previously plotted in black.
>
> and the resultant color was black.

Mmm, the fl_drawmode() function is obviously not supposed to
be used for messing around with how the built-in widgets are
drawn. The results probably are going to be surprising most
of the time;-) It's purpose is that you can control how things
are drawn when you draw to a canvas or when drawing a custom
widget. And once you're done with that you should always set
it back to the original state...

                         Best regards, Jens