[XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre22

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre22
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:44:01 +0100

Hi everybody,

   here's the newest pre-release:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/xforms/xforms-1.0.94pre22.tar.gz

(as usual there may be some delay before it appears on the
mirror servers you normally get redirected to).

This pre-release comes with a number of changes. First of all,
following a proposal by Serge Bromow, for a lot of functions
that send strings to XForms, like for example

  fl_set_object_label(FL_OBJECCT *obj, const char*label);

there's now another version of the form

  fl_set_object_label_f(FL_OBJECCT *obj, const char*fmt, ...);

These additonal functions all take a format string, exactly as it
is used with the printf() family of functions from the C standard
library, followed by an unspecified number of arhguments (as many
as there are format specifiers in the format string). These func-
tion use the format string and the following arguments to build
the string, e.g. for a label. Since there's are at least 20 to
30 of such new functions, all named like the original functions,
just with '_f' added to the end, I won't list them here. Please
see the updated documentation to find out about them (e.g. by
searching the function index for functions with names ending
in '_f').

The other important difference concerns fdesign. As I already
wrote some time ago I started to do a bit of clean-up to the
handling of editing of object attributes, also trying to sim-
plify the user interface a bit. I'm now done with it. The most
visible change is that the "Accept", "Cancel" and "Restore"
buttons aren't at the right side anymore but below the tab
folders for editing the generic and object class specific
attrinbutes (and the "Restore" button has been renamed to
"Undo"). The "AutoApply" and "Apply" buttons are gone for
good.

The tabs for the generic and object class specific attributes
are now treated equal - when you click on "Accept" or "Cancel"
the form is closed immeditately (instead of switching back to
the "Generic" tab when the "Spec" tab is shown). "Undo" works
for all attributes at once etc.

The default bitmap/pixmap (when no image has been set) shown
on bitmap or pixmap objects and buttons are now the image you
are used to see when an image link is broken in a web page.

Because there was a lot of code I hade to change or rewrite
and there's a huge number of possible code paths I would
really like to ask you to test the new version of fdesign -
it's rather unlikely that I managed to get everything right
on the first try! So please, please give this a good shake-
down.

In order to finally get the 1.2 version shipped I have set
myself a deadline: I intend to upload it on December 15.
So there are still 3 weeks for further testing. Since I'm
not employed at the moment there should be enough time for
me to apply last-minute fixes. So please check if everything
works for you and tell me as soon as possible should you find
errors.
                           Best regards, Jens