Re: [XForms] xforms] New pre-release-1.0.94pre29

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] xforms] New pre-release-1.0.94pre29
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 00:48:04 +0100

Hi Russ,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 01:03:06PM -0500, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
>
> From a current git pull, there is also a skew between the
> libtool macros present in your (Debian based) build
> environment and mine under CentOS 6
>
> I get this message:

> libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4'
> libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4'
> libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to
>       configure.ac and
> libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool
>       macros in-tree.
> libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in
>       Makefile.am.
> address@hidden xforms]$ ls
>
> so, seemingly two edits.
>
> I am not enough of an autotools maven to properly place these,
> but I assume someone on the list knows
>
> The files are small
>
> address@hidden xforms]$ wc -l  \
>       ./_xforms-20131213/configure.ac \
>       ./_xforms-20131213/Makefile.am
>  225 ./_xforms-20131213/configure.ac
>   44 ./_xforms-20131213/Makefile.am
>  269 total

I've added as proposed 'AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR' to configure.ac and
'ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS' to Makefile.am. That reduces the output from
libtoolize on my machine to

 address@hidden:~/Programming/XForms/xforms$ libtoolize
 libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `config'.
 libtoolize: You should add the contents of `config/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.

I have no idea what this 'You should...' line is supposed t mean,
aclocal.m4 is a generated file, so I hardly can add anything to
it.

But I'm rather groping in the dark with all of this, my under-
standing of these autotools and libtools is very rudimentary -
I'm already rather happy if I don't break too much;-) So for
the time being I guess I'll have to ask you to check if it
now works for you and if it doesn't it's back to the drawing
board...
                           Best regards, Jens