Re: [XForms] Multiline input bug

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Multiline input bug
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 01:04:13 +0200

Hi Lucas,

   I hope I found a work-around for your first bug (I don't
mean it's "your" bug, or only in the sense that it's you
that found it;-)

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:38:15AM +0200, Lucas Sköldqvist wrote:
> I think I've found another issue with the multiline input widget.
>
> If you input text so that the scrollbars appear they will disappear and
> reappear when you do certain things.
>
> If I create a new line the vertical scrollbar (except the arrows)
> will appear, but if I go up or down using the arrow keys it will
> vanish again. Hovering over the bar or the arrows with the mouse makes
> them appear.

Confirmed - no idea yet how this can happen:-(

> Other actions will trigger similar events.
>
> This happens with the default font as well.

Thanks! I've got to take another look at that "input"
thingy. I also noted another strange behaviour: when you
make a line longer and longer that it exceeds the width
of the field scrolling happens about 2 characters you
enter. But of you then delete characters from that line
scrolling doesn't work properly (looks like it only
happens once you delete the last visible character
and then not enough)...

I hope that I'll find a solution tommorow.

                            BHest regards, Jens