Re: [XForms] slider does not respond to right mouse click

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] slider does not respond to right mouse click
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 20:36:52 +0200

Hi Jos,

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 02:45:36PM +0200, jos wrote:
> I've noticed that when I use a slider I can not distinguish it being
> clicked by a left or a right mouse button. For a row of sliders I
> used a left mouse click for normal setting and a right mouse click
> to set a slider with a value which depended on its neighbouring
> sliders.
>
> This used to work fine when I built earlier versions of the program.
> But now it does not anymore. Odd thing is that if I print the value
> of fl_mouse_button() I only see left mouse button clicks. I can see
> the left or the right buttons being clicked on buttons and panels
> etc. but not on sliders.
>
> Have there been any changes in the library (I'm linking to
> libforms.so.2.0.0) in this respect over the years that I'm not aware
> of? The manual says nothing of the sort.

Having the slider only react to the left mouse button is a rather
old change (from around 2008) resulting from some code cleanup and
introduction of new features for the (slider-based) scrollbar. No-
body has complained until now;-)

> It mentions that for positioners one can set which mouse button it
> should respond to, but I could not find a similar function for a
> slider.
> Anyone know of a remedy?

I guess I could add a similar function like for the positioner
object to allow other mouse buttons to be used. Would that help
 you?
                              Best regards, Jens