Re: [XForms] some success and some problems with old code using version

From: jos
Subject: Re: [XForms] some success and some problems with old code using version 1.3.7
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 11:46:58 +0200

On 05/02/14 20:54, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
Hi Jos,

On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 07:36:29PM +0200, jos wrote:
1: the problem occurs in a callback function for
fl_add_xyplot(ACTIVE_XY_PLOT, ... )
This function originally allowed to change the plotted values using
a left mouse and a right mouse.
When using xforms-1.0.90 and 1.0.91 the left mouse button allows to
change the data points. The right mouse button does not.
My first versions were written with xforms ?.0.88 or some similar version.
When using xforms-1.3.7 using left mouse has no effect. It is not
possible to move a data point.
The widget still allows to change the value with the left mouse
button if you hit one of the "dots" (unless fl_set_xyplot_inspect()
has been called with a 'true' value). At least with the 'xyplotactive'
demo program it does
I've tried the demo program and this is working correctly.
But so far I've not been able to see a difference between this code
and my own code. Furthermore,s when using the old library also my code works, so this is still a bit of a mystery to me. I'll dive into the code some more this weekend.
and that's the one I use for testing since I don't
use the widget in my own code.

The right mouse does not allow this either. I can not find a
fl_set_xyplot_mouse_buttons kind of function.
Has this been a deliberate change since 1.0.9x ? Is there a remedy?
Yes, most widgets now only react to the left mouse button per
default - all other widget sets do it that way and I found
that it tended to annoy people (and me) using my programs
using XForms. Other people on the mailing list didn't complain
when I made these changes.
Hmm,  should have become a member of the list years ago ...
I wrote 2 programs in 1998 - 2002 or somewhere about that time and
haven't changed any of the code in a long time.

I can, of course, also add an fl_set_xyplot_mouse_buttons() func-
tion to allow the user to re-enable other mouse buttons.
Well, I almost don't dare to ask, but would you please?
2:  I used fl_get_menu to load and save content to and from my program.
Now all the code returns is a -1. It does not seem to recognize the
menu tree at all.
This happens when using 1.3.7.
When using 1.0.9[01] all is well.
Has the library changed / should I recode this or have there
been no changes to this bit of code over the years (and might this
be a bug) ?
I can't draw any conclusions from your descriptions since I don't
know the circumstances. It would definitely help if I knew how you
set up your menu. A compilable example program would be even better;-)
I'll try to isolate some of the code and get back to you.
Thanks for your comments so far.

Best regards,

Jos