Re: [XForms] Could not create an input method

From: Jens Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Could not create an input method
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 17:27:20 +0200

Hi,

> When I open a XForms application, like fdesign or app I made, always got
> the "In fl_initialize() [flresource.c:1183]: Could not create an input
> method".

That's actually a warning, telling you that the library found
no input method for your current locale it could use. That hap-
pens when a call of XOpenIM() fails. This often is not a problem
and probably should become a lower level warning.

> And when I use fdesign, I can't drag a button to a form, I think maybe
> this is the same problem.

I don't know if it's related since I don't know what you mean
exactly by "dragging a button to a form". I you want to create
a new button in the current form in fdesign you select 'button'
in the menu in the window with the title "Control" and then
click into the form the button is to be added to and mark its
size by dragging the mouse. Once the button has been created
you can drag it around in its form, but you can't drag objects
between different forms.
                               Best regards, Jens
--
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ___      address@hidden