Re: [XForms] Bug?

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Bug?
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 01:02:08 +0100

On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 11:17:00PM +0000, jon wrote:
> Me again - sorry !

Nothing to be sorry about;-)

> I am trying to make a viewer for my CCTV system. It works for about an hour
> then stops.

> I am using a bunch of canvas objects. A timer is doing work like this.
> Each call to the timer the contents of the jpeg has been changed. Am I
> missing a step maybe ?
>
> image=flimage_load("/tmp/cam1m.jpg");
> if (image)
> {
>         flimage_display( image, FL_ObjWin( fd_hc_legacycams->camview1 ) );
>         flimage_free(image);
>         flimage_close(image);
> }
>
> After 15 mins or more I get this error for every image update.
> In OpenImage() [image.c:250]: /tmp/cam1m.jpg: Unknown image format
>
> The image on disk is valid and opens with an external viewer, I suspect
> the file table is full.
>
> The problem seems to be a missing close, maybe ?

Could very well be the case

> I have been poking around inside image.c, but cant see the problem yet.

To be honest I've not spend much time even looking at the stuff
in flimage (there weren't too many complaints, perhaps because
it's not used much), so I can't give a quick answer. Pleae give
me some time to investigate that issue. If it's related to files
not getting closed properly one way to find is to reduce the
number of files that can be opened simultaneously using 'ulimit'.
If you have the time you may try to check the current setting
with 'ulimit -n' and then reduce it with 'ulimit -n X' (where
X is the new upper limit) before starting your program from
that shell. If it aborts earlier than before that definitely
could be taken as an indication that some fclose() calls are
missing.
                        Best regards, Jens