Re: [XForms] Thanks for the great library!

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Thanks for the great library!
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 09:30:44 +0200

Hi Bill,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 05:11:02PM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
> I just changed the .spec file to use the new 1.2.4 version and it seems to
> be have compiled fine. Mind you the result does not work-- fdesign gives me
> a black window which is hard to kill, so I am doing something wrong, or some
> library is wrong.

If you start fdesign two windows should be opened, one with the
title "Control" and another one with the title "Form Design". The
latter is simply black at the outset, if you select the menu entry
Form->New Form or just click into it a dialog for selecting the new
forms name pops up, and when you enter one then the formerly black
window shows the background of the new form (which contains no ob-
jects beside the background object of type FL_BOX). You can't close
this window since it's the "editor area". So what you describe sounds
like things work as intended;-)
                                  Best regards, Jens