Re: [XForms] Need your assistance for bug fixes (->git)

From: Steven G. Messervey
Subject: Re: [XForms] Need your assistance for bug fixes (->git)
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 19:59:06 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: xforms-development
[mailto:address@hidden On Behalf
Of Werner Heisch
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 7:07 PM
To: Development with and of XForms <address@hidden>
Subject: [XForms] Need your assistance for bug fixes (->git)

Hi all,

I need <our help, concerning xforms and Git.

I'm from Germany, the land of the Umlauts with clients in France (acent egu,
grave, etc ) therefore  I'm using the UTF-8 Versions since some time.

During the last time, Jens only has had the time to work at the main branch
1.2.* , the 1.3.* (UTF-8  branch ) is quite outdated.

For preventing of beeing at the dead end, I have tried to bring the both
branches nearer together.
This meens:
- as much source files as possible should be identically in both
  branches.
  ( the most files are equal now )

- each branch should be able to read the fd-files of the other branch.
  ( works, not regarding the non-ascii.chars )

In addition, there are some bug fixes, i.e. free object, fixing a bug in
fdesign ( segm.fault), etc.

The bug fixes reported by others ( i.e. Sirius) also are included.

I have also made some extentions of existing objects:
Don't worry, I did not break backward compatibility, no behaviour has
changed, I've only added something.

- spinner in a different design with the arrows left and right resp.
  below and above.
- input: added an "inout" mode, often used by SCADA systems.
  (both, plc and user may write)

Not finished yet:
input field format with a time. I think, "%H:%M:%S.ms" will be sufficient.

WHY I NEED YOUR HELP:
---------------------
I think until the end of the year, my work will be finished.
On xforms developement, Git is used.

As a stupid and normally alone working plc programer, I have no glue about
Git.
All the changes I've made, are only made in the source files .. and I've
changed alot.

Can anyone, who is familiar with Git, produce the git files ?
I am afraid, I would make too much nonsense.

If yes, please answer here or send me a line.

@Jens:

You know, I am afraid to force you to do something for which you do not have
the time.
Be free, to flag here :

  [ ] I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME

Do you agree, that we name the resulting versions
1.2.5.pre2   and  1.3.17  ?

Regards

Werner

I could clone the repos, add your changes, and (re)publish it to github,
effectively forking it.
When and if Jens has the time, he should be able to merge from github back
to savannah/gnu.

Would this be acceptable?

-Steve