xlog-discussion

[Xlog-discussion] Some things about Xlog

From: Jaime Robles
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Some things about Xlog
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 20:12:31 +0200

Hello all!
As i have been using xlog in my station for month or two... (well, i am really
coping my "paper" log to XLog since i usually don't remember to log in the PC
while i am DXing...)  :-)

I has just "crashed" and i have though... i am going to inform and give some
"work" to the developmet team >:-)

I miss some more things in XLog...
One of that is a "cluster" interface...  just to have ONE window opened... :-)
I miss also a "default" field configuration... i mean a "59" in the Report
fields, a "QSL out", the "power", ... Maybe adding a "Via", "IOTA", ... and
some other fields... yes i know, there are some "custom" fields... but...

And the most important think for me... is the "layout" of the display... i
really think it could be "redesigned" (don't know it it is well writen...).
IMO there is too much space just to show last contacts... maybe a "2-tab"
configuration will be better... the "new QSO" box is quite tiny, isn't it?

And... it would be GREAT if Xlog could make some "award's check" :-)''' DXCC,
WAS, WAE, WAZ... some IOTA check (i am speaking too much of IOTA but i don't
work islands... X'DDD ) and better if you could define your personal award
with templates... just to check all the awards... DIE, TPEA, ... (die & tpea
are EA awards).

I will continue....
73

--