xlog-discussion

[Xlog-discussion] Re: xlog-0.7beta5?

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: xlog-0.7beta5?
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:37:58 +0200

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:58:55 -0500
Ernest Stracener <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello Joop!

Hi Ernest!

> Sorry to bother you with this, but a friend mentioned that he had tried
> xlog-0.7beta5 -- I would like to try it out but cannot find any reference to
> 0.7beta5 anywhere.  Can you point me in the right direction to find this
> version?  The latest that I have been able to find is 0.6.1.

Beta's are at http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba. If you want to test betas,
I have not been working very intensely on xlog for the past few
months, because I got side-tracked in some other free software projects, but
I really want to finish version 0.7 within the next few months...

> At Stephane's suggestion, the KPSK group is looking at xlog as a good option
> for an external logging interface for KPSK.  One question that has come up is
> whether xlog can accomodate logging split frequencies for satellite
> operations.

Good to hear this! There are examples in the xlog source tree (even in 0.6.1),
how to use logging from another application, see the 'remote' directory.
Version 0.7 will have 2 free fields, which you can give any name, so maybe this
can be used for logging a second frequency....

There is 1 application which fully uses xlog's external logging capabilities:
gmfsk
by Tomi, OH2BNS. Clicking the 'Log entry' button in gmfsk will send all the
information
to xlog for logging. Twpsk only shares callsign information with xlog.

> Also, do you have docs for xlog?  I don't know any C++, but I wrote the docs
> for KPSK as well as the web pages....I could do the same for xlog if
> needed/desired.

There is an old-fashioned manual page of course :-) (man xlog)
I did not see any reason to write html pages for the docs, a good manual page
should suffice. KPSK, being a KDE application would include html pages I guess,
because html documentation is more or less integrated into the KDE desktop.
So if I would include html docs, they would be there for people to read, but
to integrate this into KDE would be very odd...

Let me know what you think.

> Thanks & 73-
> Ernie
> kg9ni