xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] qra and azimuth fields

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] qra and azimuth fields
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 17:32:56 +0100

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:41:06 +0000
richard <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Joop and Co.
>
> Is it possible to use the variables for "Distance" and "azimuth" ( now
> in the scoring dialog box) to be routed to the "unknown" boxes, so that
> they are automatically logged when calculated.
> I have mentioned this , but not for a year or so.
> It would really be a great enhancement for VHF and the Microwave bands
> where beam widths are very narrow, sometimes +/- 3degrees.
> Perhaps if you could point me in the right direction, I might be able to
> do it.

No problem, I can add it in the next release.
I would like to propose the following: a checkbox will be added to the
settings dialog saying something like:

"use free fields (when present) to add distance and azimuth to the log"

The actual values will be added when adding or updating a QSO.

We could also think about using a single log field for both values,
using entries like: "818 km/10 deg" or "508 m/10 deg". This way we can
keep one field free for other free data. There is however a disadvantage
when doing this: it would not be ADIF compatible and the actual data
is more difficult to use in a spreadsheet when doing TSV export.

Whatsay?

> TIA seasons greetings
> 73
> Richard g8jvm