xlog-discussion

Re: 2.0.17 and deprecated GTK APIs

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: 2.0.17 and deprecated GTK APIs
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 10:30:45 -0500

Andy Stewart <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/28/20 9:39 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> I just filed a bug about this; building 2.0.17 on NetBSD with pkgsrc
>> results in a GTK deprecation warning which with -Werror is fatal.
>>
>> I wonder what the path/timeframe is from the 2.0.18 beta to the actual
>> 2.0.18 release.  (pkgsrc only packages releases, unless we conclude that
>> an upstream is so troubled that no releases will ever come.)
>
> I'd probably update the country file information and that's all.  I
> can't replicate a NetBSD error here, but if you have a suggested
> patch, I can give it a try.

Does master/head still use these?

  GTypeDebugFlags
  GTimeVal

I am getting warnings that they are deprecated, and so if they are in
use it seems they should be adapted to what gtk wants now.

Are you building against gtk2 2.24 and glib2 2.62?  I wonder if this is
about new glib, not new gtk.  We did update to 2.62.4 and I think that
was the change that caused this error.