xlog-discussion

xlog use-after-free

From: Chris K2CR
Subject: xlog use-after-free
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 13:48:21 -0500

Hello, all.

I've been experiencing crashes in xlog as packaged with debian.  I tried the
latest CVS as well, but the behavior didn't change.  Some crashes have been
reproducible.

I ran xlog with valgrind and tracked it down to a use-after-free scenario in
the gtk open dialog.  Please see the attached diff, which solves the crash
for me and generated a (mostly) clean valgrind output.

Without this patch, lp->type was being assigned even though lp was just
freed in the call to log_file_close().

Thank you and 73
-Chris K2CR

--