[AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:07:11 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
 Really, Jan-Åke: I might have messed up a bit in the actual
 implementation, but it really was something that was not completely
 done out of malice and lunacy.

Hmm, I seem to have missed out on some bad things that have happened.
Have I been unsubscribed to some list without me noticing? Doesn't matter,
we've changed lists now...

(One thing that worries me is that people installing 0.9 will get preview in
version-specific emacs directories that might shadow a 0.9.1 install in
non-version-specific directories)

 I checked in some code right now. The checks should work out now.
 aclocal.m4, like it is done now for emacsprefix1 and emacsprefix2, is
 probably the wrong place to call the stuff, as it would probably
 rather belong into configure.in where it should get used for setting
 up the paths, but at least you can take a look at what is intended.

I'll do that. I'm at home now and cannot really get anything done tonight
(choir practice). I still think that this jumping back and forth from elisp to
shell only complicates things. And a slow move into configure-time elisp
would actually prepare for the eventual move of runtime things to runtime
elisp. But if it works, it works.

/JÅ