[AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:56:13 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
The scheme really should be reasonably transparent, even if the
implementation itself might not be optimal.  My aclocal.m4 comments by
no means are cast into stone: if something is incomprehensible about
them, or you want a different order of arguments or whatever, feel
free to do whatever you think would be required to make you feel
comfortable with doing the bulk^w^w^w uh, feeling at ease with the
code.

When you have released 0.9.1 (and I get some time on my hands) I'll have
a look at the code^h^hmments.

Another thing: if the site-lisp directory has a readable sub-directory
site-start.d, should we relocate preview-latex.el there automatically
(unless --without-sitestartdir is specified or something)?  Seems like
a reasonable assumption, and would probably simplify installation
instructions quite a bit.

Hmmm. Aren't these directories sometimes populated with numbered entries?
On my Solaris machine, this is not the case, but...

Another suggestion: we _could_ have an --enable-relocatable switch for
activating this relative stuff instead of specifying relative directories
as input to a number of switches and not to others.

/JÅ