Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Toolbar button for TeX-command-master

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Toolbar button for TeX-command-master
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:00:28 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> In case somebody wants to have a toolbar button for
> `TeX-command-master', you can check out the attached patch.
>
> The button does not update the displayed image.  You will always see
> the cog wheels.

I think at least the tooltip should mention what the button does, and
it might make sense to compute the button's action on mouse-over, too,
and then change the image to the specific one while mouse-over is
active.

This is still a hack, but you'd at least know what the button does
before pressing it.  And I think that is essential.

What could be useful to have (maybe) is a button like
run-TeX-command-master-until-failure-or-success-and-start-viewer-if-success.

Of course, having the cog wheels actually turn (timer-set-function?)
while the compilation is in progress would be...

Seems like I am in get-offered-a-finger-bite-off-an-arm mode.