[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Two odd features with "new" installation procedure

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Two odd features with "new" installation procedure
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:55:10 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-05-24) writes:

> Well, I have 2.59.  It would appear that AS_HELP_STRING is so recent
> an addition to autoconf that it would be better not to use it.  I
> don't think it is used more than once or twice, so I'll replace this
> for now.

autoconf 2.59 was released about 1.5 years ago.  IMO that's long
enough for people to install a copy of it in case they want to build
bleeding edge software.  I don't consider it a good idea to clutter
the code for making it compatible with older versions of such a tool.
I seem to remember that you have thought similarly about autoconf.

--
Ralf