Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-command-master

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX-command-master
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:23:49 +0200

Am 08.07.2005 um 14:02 schrieb David Kastrup:

Peter Dyballa <address@hidden> writes:

The new Aluminium PowerBooks have a keyboard with a usually not so
useful key signed with ⌅, right of space and right Cmd key, left of
the small cursor keys. In X11 it is mapped to C-c, so pressing it
twice TeX-command-master is invoked. Very fine!

In Carbon Emacs this key is mapped to kp-enter -- quite useless.

Would it be a good idea to bind in Carbon Emacs kp-enter to
TeX-command-master when in AUCTeX?

I don't think so.  C-c is not specific to AUCTeX, so any remappings of
it should not be done in the context of AUCTeX.  You might want to
propose this to the Emacs developer list or whoever is responsible for
providing a precompiled Emacs version for you.

My original idea was to bind in Carbon Emacs only kp-enter to TeX-command-master in AUCTeX only. No C-c here. This could be done as an additional key mapping.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"Let's face it; we don't want a free market economy either."
        James Farley, president, Coca-Cola Export Corp., 1959