[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex texmathp.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex texmathp.el
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:22:20 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> CVSROOT:      /cvsroot/auctex
> Module name:  auctex
> Branch:
> Changes by:   Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>    05/11/29 14:01:42
>
> Modified files:
>       .              : texmathp.el
>
> Log message:
>       (texmathp-in-commented-line, texmathp-in-comment):
>       New functions.
>       (texmathp-match-environment): Use them.
>       (texmathp-match-switch): Make aware of comments.
>
> CVSWeb URLs:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/auctex/auctex/texmathp.el.diff?tr1=5.17&tr2=5.18&r1=text&r2=text

I am not sure this sounds like a good idea at least for code
comments.  Stuff like

\def\woozle{$%$

is often used to keep indentation and syntax highlighting in check
when the code is too complicated for the editor to understand.  If
AUCTeX blocks all roads to giving such cues, the user will get more
rather than less frustrated.

We should really keep some simple syntax functional for this kind of
thing.