Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Upcoming release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Upcoming release
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:19:15 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> For your attention: I am intending to release AUCTeX 11.82 in a few
> days, possibly on the weekend.  If you have reasons for delaying the
> release please speak up now.
>
> The RELEASE and changes.texi files should be pretty up to date.  If
> you think something is missing or incorrect, please let me know.
>
> Has anybody else thought about what to do with the preview package?
> This hasn't changed since the last AUCTeX release, so I think a new
> upload to CTAN just because of a changed version number is not
> necessary.  I even thought about decoupling AUCTeX/preview-latex and
> preview versioning.  But this might get confusing over time because
> one loses the information about which version of preview.sty works
> with which version of AUCTeX/preview-latex.

The extra work people go to in order to consolidate that there is no
need to update tend to cause more trouble and manual work than a
routine update would.

I'd tend to mention in the release notes that there have been no
changes this time apart from the version number, but still go through
the motions.