Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Package coverage...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Package coverage...
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:47:28 +0100

address@hidden (Christian Faulhammer) writes:

> Tach David,                                  0x2B859DE3 (PGP-PK-ID)
>
> David Kastrup schrieb:
> [Gentoo Ebuilds for AUCTeX]
>> Well, but there is nothing we need to worry about here, right?
>
>  I hope so.  Just that 11.81 has no working preview-latex (they just
> forgot to activate it)

That's not "no working".  It is just not automatically activated, just
like RefTeX.

> and that XEmacs has package 1.33 (1.46 is the current one).

Well, actually we will provide our own XEmacs package:
auctex-11.82-pkg.tar.gz should appear on our download site shortly.
Of course this complicates things in case a sumo tarball gets used for
XEmacs.  There is no sane way around this, apparently: XEmacs policies
prohibit distributing our package as-is on their servers: somebody
needs to pull the package apart into its components and somebody else
has to put it together again using XEmacs tools, and this process is
error-prone and slow.  We don't have the manpower to expend on such
antics, and it is not clear when and in what state this will actually
be done by Uwe and Norbert.