Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/font-latex.el, v

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/font-latex.el, v
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 23:44:10 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-06-05) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> * Ralf Angeli (2006-06-05) writes:
>>
>>> Hmmm, thinking about it, I guess I have to check if the
>>> last change results in correct values for all involved variables
>>> across several buffers if `font-latex-quotes' changes.
>>
>> Should be fixed, I think.  The number of variables involved in
>> quote matching grew quite a bit, and with it the complexity.
>
> Is the problem elusive enough that we can't hope to get it thoroughly
> tested except by releasing the current code?

Yes, I think so.

> Any idea about how to
> test it?

I checked it by loading several LaTeX files.  One without special
language options, one loading ngerman.sty and one setting
`font-latex-quotes' in the local variables stanza.  Then I switched
`font-latex-quotes' several times between `french' and `german'.  Each
time I called `font-lock-fontify-buffer' in those files and checked if
the value of `font-latex-quote-regexp-beg' was correct according to
the setting of `font-latex-quotes' and that the extended value of
`font-latex-quote-regexp-beg' in the file loading ngerman.sty did not
show up in any other buffer.  Stuff like that ...

> Anything worthwhile mentioning in the changes and/or RELEASE
> file?

No.

--
Ralf