[AUCTeX-devel] preview-tetex RPM (was: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] preview-tetex RPM (was: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/auctex.spec, v)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:41:57 +0200

On Thu, Jun 08 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>> +# Make sure that this preview.cfg exists:
>>  touch -a %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/texmf/tex/latex/preview/preview.cfg
>
> Uh Reiner?
>
> Thanks for your good opinion of me (I think the "touch ..." was also
> by you),

Yes I added it when trying to make preview-tetex*.rpm work:

,----

`----

> but there is no file preview.cfg by default.  And never was.
> I am merely an idiot.  What we have is "prauctex.cfg".

| %config %{_datadir}/texmf/tex/latex/preview/preview.cfg
... looked like it was intended.

> Now the question is how to get rid of this nonsense in the next RPM
> version.
>
> Will it be sufficient to merely remove everything referring to the
> non-existent preview.cfg?  Or will that leave a preview.cfg zombie
> lying around from a previous installation?

I did some testing:

"rpm -e preview-tetex" removes it without a trace unless it has been
modified.  After "echo "% foo" > preview.cfg", "rpm -e" leaves
preview.cfg.rpmsave lying around.  So I'd expect that you suggestion
would work correctly.  (Maximum RPM [1] isn't very clear on this.)

Bye, Reiner.

[1]
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/s1-rpm-inside-files-list-directives.html#S3-RPM-INSIDE-FLIST-CONFIG-DIRECTIVE
--