[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with Auctex Preview on Fedora

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Problem with Auctex Preview on Fedora
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:30:00 +0200

On Wed, Oct 18 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>> The files prv-xemacs.el and preview.el have been compiled with an
>> incompatible version of XEmacs seemingly, a developer version that
>> _has_ those functions available.
>>
>> Quite unfortunate.  Since our XEmacs packages are supposed to also run
>> under XEmacs 21.4, it would be prudent to have them created using
>> 21.4.  Reiner?

IIRC I prepared the release packages on my notebook on SUSE 10.0
(xemacs-21.5.21.20050721-4) whereas the snapshots (incl. the XEmacs
package) are prepared on SUSE 9.2 (xemacs-21.4.15-64.4; given that
security support for SUSE 9.2 has been discontinued, this machine will
be upgraded quite soon).

> If this is indeed the case, one solution would be to have the
> compatibility functions compiled into our XEmacs port unconditionally.
> I am checking a patch in that is supposed to achieve this.

Is it still necessary to have it compiled with XEmacs 21.4 after this
change?  Given my past experience with XEmacs builds and the
frightening `system-configuration-options'[1] in SUSE's XEmacs,
compiling a suitable XEmacs 21.4 is something I'd like to avoid.  I'm
not sure which features are required for AUCTeX/preview-latex.  MULE?
Image formats?

Bye, Reiner.

[1] ELISP> (length system-configuration-options)
1716
--
       ,,,
      (o o)