[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Maintainer wanted for RefTeX
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:41:59 +0100

> I am the author of RefTeX, an emacs mode handling cross references,
> citations, and index work for LaTeX with Emacs.
>
> I have not updated this mode for a long time because of lack of time.
> If I can find a good maintainer, I would like to hand over maintenance
> of this mode to someone else.
>
> Please reply here or write to me at
>
> carsten dot dominik at gmail dot com

Ok, I am thinking whether it would be a good idea to just fold RefTeX
into the AUCTeX CVS.

It would probably make it easier to unify the kind of customizations
to all the different tools.  But RefTeX should still remain workable
with the default LaTeX modes, so this would mean another likely
flimsily tested area for AUCTeX.

But then the situation is probably not that much better currently,
anyway.

What do people think?