[AUCTeX-devel] Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:36:49 +0100

* Reiner Steib (2006-12-30) writes:

> Maybe we could use admin/reftex/* for such files.  (admin/ is excluded
> from the tar ball anyhow, CMIIW.)
>
>> And we'll probably have to jump through some hoops for building
>> documentation and putting it into a RefTeX tarball as reftex.texi
>> currently is located in the man directory.
>
> When using admin/reftex/*, I don't see that it's much harder than in a
> separate repository.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly.  You mean to put only the
build files, auxiliary files (README, INSTALL, etc.) and ChangeLog
into admin/reftex?

> With Richard's okay to a RefTeX-only branch in Emacs CVS, this sounds
> like a good solution to me.

What I dislike about it is that the files will be scattered throughout
Emacs' repository.  This makes fetching the "package" RefTeX from CVS
much more complicated.  And with the branch it would get even harder
if people want to fetch a development version.  Also stuff like `C-x 4
a' won't work with such a file layout and a single ChangeLog file.

--
Ralf