[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] feature request (preview-latex): previewing

From: Lukasz Stafiniak
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] feature request (preview-latex): previewing without master file, with a default preamble
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:53:02 +0100

(I've switched to auctex-devel.)

On 1/31/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Hey, I never got this to run properly (but I didn't try very hard).
So if you get all the details you remember together, maybe we can make
it easier for the next person to try something like that.

In particular, it would be interesting to know all the dead ends you
explored.  While it is fine if there is a way that makes it work, it
might even be nicer if some "obvious" ways (those that you tried
first) can be made to work, too.

It is simple in the end, as you said. After the buffer is created, set
`TeX-master' to a file in home directory, set `TeX-header-end' and
`TeX-trailer-start' to their default values.

With a `TeX-master' out of place, `preview-parse-messages' doesn't
recognise that some file is "<none>", because it is like
"../../<none>", that is, it's path is home relative to the path of the
preamble, and `preview-parse-messages' has hard-coded check against
"<none>".