[AUCTeX-devel] customize-option breaks preview-latex hook

From: Masayuki Ataka
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] customize-option breaks preview-latex hook
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:02:02 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

Ikumi-San reported me that there is a situation that
preview-latex is not turned on.

If the user has customized `LaTeX-mode-hook' using M-x
customize-option before AUCTeX 11.81 and updated his AUCTeX to
current version, he cannot turn on preview-latex even when he
added (load "preview-latex.el" nil t t) in his .emacs, because
the hook `LaTeX-mode-hook' is overwritten to old user setting
by auto-inserted function custom-set-variables.

See details:

(1) (load "preview-latex.el" nil t t) adds LaTeX-preview-setup
    to LaTeX-mode-hook.
(2) custom-set-variables overwrite the hook by user setting
    that is customized before updating AUCTeX 11.81+.
(3) No LaTeX-preview-setup in LaTeX-mode-hook, so that user
    cannot turn on preview-latex.

Any good solution?  Maybe we should write FAQ for those who
update their AUCTeX from 11.80-.

---
email: address@hidden
Name:: Masayuki Ataka // (Japan)