Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CVS file copy request for RefTeX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CVS file copy request for RefTeX
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:16:51 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Ralf Angeli (2007-02-08) writes:
>
>> Some of the files RefTeX is made up from are also maintained in the
>> `emacs' repository.  We'd like to use files from that repository
>> instead of those from the distribution tarball because they are more
>> up-to-date and have a change history.
>>
>> Could you please copy those files together with their change history
>> from the `emacs' repository to the `auctex' repository?
>
> The files were copied to the AUCTeX repository a few minutes ago.  We
> inherited all branches from the Emacs repository.  I'm currently
> discussing how to get rid of them at
> <URL:https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?105773>.

Should we get rid of them?  Wasn't the point to transfer the
development history to the AUCTeX repository?  It is possible that
there will at one point in time be the big merge, where AUCTeX will
end up in the Emacs repository.  Then we will need to reconcile the
RefTeX repos in Emacs and in AUCTeX.

At the current point of time, I have no idea whether this would make
deleting the Emacs versioning history of RefTeX in our copy would be a
good idea.