[AUCTeX-devel] Changes in font locking

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Changes in font locking
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:46:36 +0900

David Kastrup writes:

 > You conveniently snipped the end of the sentence:
 >
 >     for an XEmacs developer with CVS access.
 >
 > Do you really consider this sort of creative editing appropriate
 > behavior?

Indeed I do!  Your previous post was an ad hominem attack, implying
that the irrelevant personal status of "XEmacs developer" imposes some
kind of duty on me that doesn't apply equally well to (eg) you.  I
chose to ignore the attack, and focus on the content.

I think it might very well be useful if someone would use cvs annotate
on the relevant library, and look at the ChangeLog, to investigate who
put the call to `copy-syntax-table' in, and ask them if they would
explain why.  Would somebody with an interest in fixing the bug in
with-syntax-table like to do that?