Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Toolbar icons from old directory

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Toolbar icons from old directory
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:58:16 +0200

* Reiner Steib (2007-03-28) writes:

> On Wed, Mar 28 2007, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> I'm not into the code of the tool bar, but does it work if you put
>> (eval-after-load "toolbar-x"
>>   '(mapc (lambda (elt) (add-to-list 'toolbarx-image-path elt))
>>       image-load-path))
>> into your init file?  We should probably do something like that in
>> toolbar-x.el.
>
> `image-load-path' may contain symbols (see above).  I doubt that
> `toolbarx-find-image' can handle these correctly.

Those could be evaluated when adding them to `toolbarx-image-path'.
But that would mean toolbar-x would not see changes to those variables
after their values got appended to `toolbarx-image-path'.  So we would
really have to make toolbar-x aware of such variables. /c:

> Additionally, Emacs
> 21 and XEmacs don't have `image-load-path' so you'd have to add some
> additional checks.

That would be trivial.

> IIRC my "even more ugly hack" (rev. 1.9, Oct. 2005) handled a
> non-default `image-load-path' correctly (because it used Emacs'
> `find-image').  But David didn't like it.
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.devel/701
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.devel/705

I fail to see him not liking it.  He just gave hints regarding
possible culprits.

> Maybe it's useful to look at `gnus/gmm-utils.el'
> (gmm-image-load-path-for-library).  The same code is also used by
> MH-E.

gmm-utils.el is fairly new.  We'd have to copy the code.  Not good.

--
Ralf