Re: [AUCTeX-devel] problems with xemacs 21.5.28

From: Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] problems with xemacs 21.5.28
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:09:30 +0200

On May 23, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Lazy shot is a just-in-time fontlock accelerator, whose author is

currently not available AFAIK.  It is not necessary to get

fontlocking.  You may get substantially better results by using

fastlock or lazy-lock instead.

I tried lazy-lock, and it sort of works except: 1) I get lots of

Fontifying region...(wrong-type-argument number-char-or-marker-p nil)

messages

as soon as I select "Lazy Shot" in the "Syntax Highlighting" menu

(since otherwise the document is not fontified)

I don't understand.  Do you mean that because of the timer problem

lazy-shot never does any locking (at least, does that seem consistent

with the problem you're seeing)?

What I mean is that if I don't include

'(lazy-lock-mode t nil (lazy-lock))

or

'(lazy-shot-mode t nil (lazy-shot))

there is almost no highlighting in the document.

Thanks again,

Artemio