Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Spam on AUCTeX CVS mailing lists

From: David Kastrup
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:46:43 +0100

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 21 2007, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Shouldn't we ask on gmane.comp.gnu.savannah.user (savannah-users) if a
>>> Subject and/or MID filter is possible?
>>
>> If anybody volunteers to do the necessary work and moderation for the
>> lists, I am game.  The list manager pages offer some ways for filters.
>> As I already explained, my tries employing them were not appreciated.
>>
>> I don't have the time to fine-tune this stuff.  If someone wants to
>> do this, I am fine with passing the responsibility.
>
> If you give me the necessary permission for auctex-commit or
> auctex-diffs, I will give it a try.

The list manager address (I forgot to include this in my separate mail
to you with the password) is
<URL:http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/auctex-commit>.  There is also
the possibility (I use this for auctex-devel and auctex) to subscribe
an automoderator to the list.  The automoderator does not suppress the
moderation notifications sent out to "other" list moderators.  The
problem with automoderation is that it requires the messages to be
_held_ (and all held messages, including those caught by the
automoderator, send out moderation requests to the list moderators).
It may be a reasonable option, however, for more or less closed
mailing lists with explicit whitelisting.

If you want to try that, I can look up the mailing address of the
automoderator.