[AUCTeX-devel] Re: CurVe: Include curve.el in AUCTeX

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CurVe: Include curve.el in AUCTeX
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:41:33 +0100

On Tue, Mar 04 2008, Didier Verna wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:
>> how about including curve.el in AUCTeX?
>
>   Sure! BTW, I don't know your exact policy about third-party classes or
> styles, but if you want to include the el files from my other packages
> (FiNK, FiXme and QCM), feel free to do so.

As we want AUCTeX to become part of Emacs someday, we need a copyright
assignment.  I see that you have an assignment on file for Emacs, but
we need an additional assignment for AUCTeX.  When distributing the
file with AUCTeX, we need to release it under "GPLv3 or later".  You
can still release the file under LPPL.  (David, correct me if I'm
wrong, please.)

> In that case, I'll update the doc to tell people to try for AUC-TeX
> support first, and then install the el files by hand only if their
> current AUC-TeX installation doesn't provide it.

Good idea.

If we include more of your files, you might want to have write access
to maintain the files in AUCTeX's repository.  I'm sure that having an
XEmacs expert on board would be welcome.  :-)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)